Thursday, May 29, 2008

Scavenger Hunt

Like most women, I love to shop. I love all kinds of shopping; clothing shopping, shoe shopping, gift shopping, Christmas shopping, grocery shopping, furniture shopping, even window shopping. One of many reasons why I love my job. I get to shop for other people. I'm always on the lookout for great deals. It's like a scavenger hunt, looking at unexpected places. I can spend all day at garage sales, flea markets, estate sales, and liquidation sales.

I love a story behind a piece. Shopping is not just about buying something. Sometimes the journey to buying something could be the most interesting part. Like when you buy a hand crafted knick knack from a street vendor while you're on vacation or when you learn about the past life of your antique lamp. A house full of stories and memories can make a room rich and nostalgic.

As the summer or spring is approaching, there will be plenty of outdoor fairs. A popular one is the Chicago Antique Market. It's located in the west loop on Randolph Street. There's live music, great people, interesting things to see even if you're looking to buy.

Tonight, I picked up a brand new Room and Board chair used in a model home for fraction of the original price. She lives in the same neighborhood too!

1 comment:

Liz said...

I really enjoy your blog. Keep it up!