Saturday, January 9, 2010

DIY: T-Shirt Refashion

It's been a long time. The fall and holiday season flew by. Since getting my first sewing machine, I'm constantly thinking of new things to make. One thing is refashioning T-shirts. I love the knit tees collection from J Crew. It's casual and feminine.


As much as I love them, $19.50 to $29.50 for a tee is not really in my budget. The seamstress within me think I can probably make something similar.

I found plain tees from Forever 21 and H&M on sale for about five bucks. Here is the tutorial for one of them.

1. Plain tshirt was longer what I needed.
2. Cut 3 inches off the bottom of the shirt.
3. Cut the strip into 3 equal parts.
4. Make ruffles with the 3 strips. Sew one side and then pull the thread tight to make a half circle.

5. Arrange the ruffles on the tshirt and pin in place, then sew.

Final Product:Here's a few more:

No comments: