Thursday, January 21, 2010

DIY: Jaden's Growth Chart

My other nephew, Jaden, turned one today. For his birthday, I made a growth chart since he’s growing everyday. I’ve done a lot of research on the different types out there. There are many cute animal themed ones, but I was afraid he’ll “outgrown” them. I wanted something that’s durable and he can have as a keepsake. Maybe someday he can compare his height to his kids.

I saw this. It’s simple and neutral. The $60 price tag was a little much and I was afraid the vinyl might lose its grip over time.


To make my version, I bought a 6 feet long ½”x4” piece of pine for $13. I just used acrylic paint I already have.




To personalize the board, I added lemon picture frames made from felt that's attached by velcro.

It works better when he's standing up.

No comments: